From Researching Virtual Initiatives in Education
New Zealand Virtual School (NZVS) allows students to study courses contributing to NCEA (National Certificate of Educational Achievement -the main school-leaving qualification) and industry based National Certificates
The New Zealand Virtual School Trade Academy Vision is:
- To broaden learners’ horizons through a high quality, technology-based, secular education that provides the skills and knowledge needed to succeed as confident, connected and actively involved members of 21st century societies.
We build our vision upon an adaptation of the core Secondary Futures beliefs:
- Putting Students First
- Developing Community Connectedness
- Creating Positive Social Effects
- Inspiring Teachers so that they can Inspire Learners
- Leading in Technology to Enhance Learning and Reduce Barriers
It is recognized that Secondary Futures Thinking played a substantial role in the early development of the New Zealand Virtual School Trade Academy.
The NZVS web site is at http://virtual.school.nz
> New Zealand